Monday, December 19, 2011

Quotes about Child Development

If kids come to educators and teachers from strong, healthy functioning families, it makes our job easier. If they do not come to us from strong, healthy, functioning families, it makes our job more important. Barbara Colorose

A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it. Frank Howard Clark

It is with children that we have the best chance of studying the development of logical knowledge, mathematical knowledge, physical knowledge, and so forth. Jean Piaget


3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda

    It has been a pleasure getting to know you and I have enjoyed reading your blog this semester. Thank you for sharing your resources, knowledge and personal experience with us.

    I really liked all three of your quotes; however the first one I had never heard and I really made a connection with it. Such a true statement! Thank you for sharing it.

    Good luck on your endeavors.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    Your first quote was powerful. The more I thought about it , the more signifcant it became for me. In my world of Head Start, many of the children come with many issues. Keeping that in mind is so important for those that provide direct service to them. I stress it over and over to my staff. Sad thing, like everything else, some get it, some don't. I will be sharing your quote with them.
    Thank you for the insightful work you have shared throughout the past 8 weeks. I look forward continuing our online journey.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, I like you quote from Frank Clark. Giving love to a child can foster the child’s emotional and social development. I’ve notice that fathers like to teach there boys tough love; not hugging or saying, “I love you.” It is important to show all children love and foster that development. When loved, children can grow into well-rounded individuals. Thank you for sharing your expertise and I wish you luck on your studies.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete