Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Time Well Spent


Hard to believe that the time has come to say good-bye.  This online experience has been amazing.  If I think back to the first course and all there was to get used to, I see how far we have come.  From APA style, researching quality articles and websites, and organizing the many application papers, so much has been learned.

From this course alone, I have learned that making a change starts small, with identifying a challenge in your own community.  From that point forward, surround yourself with the people and organizations that share the same passion and desire and reach out to one another to meet the challenge.  Another learning experience is that of doing the research.  Identify why the challenge has occurred and what is already being done to meet the challenge.  From the information gathered, decide on goals to set and together, with your community of partners, set an action plan and reach for it.  Small steps may lead to bigger steps.  Lastly,  our work now may lead us to a much larger picture in the future.  Who knows where we will be in 15 years.  As we dreamed big in our last application assignment, we all put our professional dreams into words.  "A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work."  (Colin Powell). 

So in closing, I hope you all take a few moments and decide for yourselves what personal and professional dreams you have and strive to reach those dreams.  It has been a great pleasure learning with and from each of you.  I wish everyone a successful career in the early childhood field.  I hope to keep in contact with you in the future.



7 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    I agree with you that the work we have completed over this program has given me as a growing professional new insight of how challenges can be effectively evaluated from what has already been completed and what methods of response could be utilized effectively. I will definitely take your advice and stop to really consider my passions and dreams, and find ways to apply them to my role as a professional educator.
    Best of luck in all your endeavors as you grow your professional career and family!
    Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    It really has been an amazing journey. When this all began 20 months ago, I remember my frustration with trying to manuever all the technology. Setting up my blog was a real experience and here we are how many entries later..... It was with your help and support and from our other classmates that I hung in there. Your quote by Colin Powell certainly sums it up not only in regards to professional goals but also for personal ones. Thank you for sharing it.
    I look forward to continued communication with you as we share our PA Head Start stories. Enjoy your summer with that beautiful family!
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda, you and I have been in so many classes together, and we are now completing this journey. Your passion for early childhood is so vividly displayed through your passionate writing. Through your knowledge and passion you will make an impact on the field. I like you comment, small steps may lead to bigger steps. This is a powerful statement I would like to use as a metaphor for my life. This will give me the drive to keep going because I never know what it can lead to.
    Keep in touch!

    Andrea C.
    Ashante803@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    I think that this journey has opened our eyes to what the possibilities are for us to share our ideas and talents with the early childhood field. This program has pushed us to take a deeper look at the issues that surround the early childhood field and has given us the confidence to start making a bigger difference in our communities. Our dreams may start small but with the help and passion of others it will grow. Good luck on your continued journey in the early childhood field.
    Best,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amanda,
    Yes it is hard to believe that it is over, and the strange part is that I miss doing homework already lol.I find myself not knowing how to just take it easy because it has been so long.I wish you all the best and hope that you reach all your goals.You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Amanda,

    It was a pleasure sharing this learning experience with you. We have had the opportunity to share bits and pieces of our personal and professional lives through our discussion and blog posts. I would like to thank you for sharing your insights, perspectives, advice and words of encouragement throughout this journey. Good Luck and Best Wishes to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,

    I'm glad you have learned so much! I have too! I enjoyed reading your blog and discussion posts. Thank you for the experience! I pray that you and your family live happy successful lives!

    ReplyDelete